Monday, February 29, 2016

Sewage vs Magic

I really don't think people really consider the potency behind words. They seem to feel that because words are intangible they don't affect people.
Just like throwing sewage in someone's lap shouldn't affect them, right?
Same with youtubing.
If we treated our words like pointing a gun at people, we would probably take a lot more care in watching when we pull the trigger, where it's pointed, and what we have in the barrel. That's why they call it "shooting your mouth off".

I've dated a number of people who exercised so little restraint on their language in their private lives that in a formal setting they couldn't stop bombs from slipping even when they were trying.

On the flip side, people who are well practiced in their linguistic conduct can't stop wonderful things from slipping. Clever, disciplined boys really know how to work magic with their words.

Once I was having a normal conversation with a second cousin when...


He didn't know it but it had been so long since I'd had such a nice thing said to me from a guy that I went off and cried. And I cry every time I think back to it.
I'm disappointed (as an understatement) how classless and crass people have become and there's nothing attractive about a sound that equates to an audible stench, coming from a person's mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment