Sunday, June 11, 2017

Gotta Dim to Date?

One time I vented my frustration on how fragile all my dates seemed to be. They scared off like a skittish deer, more so if I ended up elaborating on my skills and accomplishments. The list isn’t huge but it seems enough to make their masculinity feel threatened.







My listener suggested that I withhold details of my aspirations until further in the relationship.

 This has felt double edged to me because if I talk too little of myself they also seem to lose interest. A significant number of my skills I’ve acquired are for the sake of attracting and benefiting a future spouse, not to compete against them. So in that light why would I want a companion so insecure that I have to wad myself up just so they can feel better about themselves?

No comments:

Post a Comment